13 Oct Creating New Homeowners, with Scott Ulmer
In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, host Nick Prefontaine speaks with Scott Ulmer of Little Pink Houses of America. He explains how he helps buyers who can afford payments but are unable to qualify for a mortgage. Scott also shares how he helps sellers who have the time to wait to cash out, receive an additional 10 to 15% return on their home.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Lease Option – An agreement between a homeowner and a renter that gives a renter the option to purchase the rented property during or at the end of the rental period.
- Down payment – An initial payment made when purchasing a home.
- Forbearance – Temporary financial relief from the obligation of making a payment on a debt. A forbearance is an option for a lender or creditor who wants to extend the opportunity to postpone repayment to a borrower who is experiencing financial difficulties or personal hardship.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Scott was able to purchase his first home at only 14 years old
- How Scott’s company helps people who can afford a mortgage but can’t qualify, become homeowners
- Why sellers who can wait 12 to 18 months before being cashed out, they can see a 10-15% additional return
- What does preeminence mean, and how it applies to Scott’s real estate business
- Why having a business that gives back to the community is a recipe for success
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/littlepinkhouses4u/
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Scott has always had a passion for real estate. At just 14 years old Scott bought his own home after buying and selling a car that he found at a yard sale. From then on, he knew he had a natural talent for negotiating and selling homes. Recognizing he yearned to be part of the business world from a young age Scott graduated from The Ohio State University with a degree in business, finance, and Communication Studies.
After graduating, he won the 20 under 40 award at 26 for a business he founded called, Aspiring Minds of Toledo. Scott then entered his family real estate business that ended up being far from what he expected. Though the outcome of his family business was not ideal. Scott did gain proficient professional skills and expertise he used throughout his career in real estate.
Now, Scott recently started his own company dedicated to mentoring and training those who want to become real estate agents, or who wish to become property buyers or sellers. Scott has experienced over 1500 lease options, land contracts, owner financing, subject two’s, and now wants to share his business strategies with the world. Scott has a compilation of videos and other mentoring resources that help his clients learn about these kinds of investment strategies so they can excel in the world of real estate just as he has.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.