16 Feb Why Our Sellers Don’t Attempt Rent-to-Own By Themselves, with Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach
In this episode of Not Just a Transaction, hosts Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach chat about why sellers choose to have Original Real Estate handle their rent-to-own properties instead of doing it themselves. They explain the importance of the systems and processes that they have in place and how those systems result in a more successful transaction. Nick and Zach also share how they work with buyers to ensure success on their end of the deal.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Equity – The difference in value between a home’s fair market value and the amount of outstanding debt on the home through mortgages or other types of liens.
- Down payment – An initial payment made when purchasing a home.
- Rent-to-Own – An agreement between a homeowner and a renter that gives a renter the option to purchase the rented property before the end of the rental period.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why sellers trust Original Real Estate to handle their rent-to-own properties instead of trying to do it themselves
- What type of sellers Original Real Estate works with and what they expect out of the experience
- How Original Real Estate’s multi-layered processes help set their buyers up for success
- The importance of real estate experience in the rent-to-own business
- How the systems and processes Original Real Estate has in place benefit both buyers and sellers
- Original Real Estate website: http://originalre.com/
- Contact Us: http://originalre.com/contact/
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to homeownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire team at Original Real Estate take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personal training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find him enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.