09 Feb The Importance of Building Relationships in Real Estate, with Devin Sheehan
In this episode of Not Just a Transaction, hosts Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach chat with special guest Devin Sheehan about his real estate journey. They discuss how Devin’s background in investing and flipping homes makes him a more informed real estate agent. Devin also shares his views on the importance of maintaining relationships with past clients and how it has led to his successful career in real estate.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Equity – The difference in value between a home’s fair market value and the amount of outstanding debt on the home through mortgages or other types of liens.
- Flipping – When a real estate investor purchases a distressed property or a home in need of repairs or renovation, makes the needed changes, then resells the property at a markup.
- Rent-to-Own – An agreement between a homeowner and a renter that gives a renter the option to purchase the rented property before the end of the rental period.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Who Devin Sheehan is and how he became a real estate agent and investor
- Why it’s beneficial to work with seasoned investors over traditional sellers
- What a day in Devin Sheehan’s business life looks like
- The importance of reputation and standards when flipping homes
- How long-term relationships can be advantageous to your real estate business
- Website: devin.fitzpatrickteamluxury.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/devin-sheehan-729337135/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devinsheehanrealestate/
Devin Sheehan, originally from upstate New York, has been living in Newport, Rhode Island and has a double major in Supply Chain Management and Entrepreneurship. He holds a strong background in sales, emerging technologies, and social media. His compassion for people and his ability to communicate effectively with his clients allows him to excel in real estate with the Fitzpatrick Team.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to homeownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary Beach is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personal training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find him enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids, Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.