21 Jul Managing Cash Flow To Build Wealth, with Curtis May
In this episode of Not Just A Transaction, hosts Nick Prefontaine and Zachary Beach speak with Curtis May of the financial planning firm Practical Wealth Advisors. He explains how managing cash flow is a crucial part of building wealth. He also shares easy principles to implement today to gain control over your money.
Glossary of Special Terms Used in this Episode:
- Capital gains: a profit that is made from selling an investment
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why most wealth is lost while managing cash flow
- The five things you have to get control of to build wealth
- What is the #1 thing that you can do to get control of your money
- The three different types of bank accounts that you should have
- Why paying yourself first is the difference between being rich and poor
- What are the four things you can do with money
- Website: https://practicalwealthadvisors.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/findoutmorenow/
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/curtismay/
- Podcast: https://practicalwealth.libsyn.com/
- Pre Property Solutions website: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/
- Contact Us: https://www.prepropertysolutions.com/contact/
Curtis May’s Bio:
Curtis May is the host of the Practical Wealth Show podcast and the creator and owner of Practical Wealth Advisors. Curtis has been planning for individuals for more than 35 years, and he is passionate about helping his clients save money and live the very best life they can right now. The primary focus of his financial planning firm is to help individuals and families become financially free by following the principles of wealth creation that have endured for centuries around the world.
In 2003, Nick Prefontaine was in a snowboarding accident that left him in a coma for over 3 weeks. The doctors told his parents that he probably wouldn’t walk, talk, or eat on his own again. Less than 3 months later, he was running out of Franciscan Children’s hospital. Now Nick speaks to groups that benefit from his message of overcoming adversity.
Nick grew up in the real estate industry and got started at an early age. Most notably, he was knocking on Pre-Foreclosure doors at 16, doing up to 50 doors a day. This experience helped shape Nick’s real estate career. When someone opens the door you better have something compelling to say.
Now, Nick specializes in working with lease purchase buyers to get them into a home and on the path to home ownership. That includes working with them throughout the entire deal which ends in them being able to get their own loan. Getting buyers to the finish line is something Nick and the entire Pre Property Solutions team take pride in. That is something that separates them from their competition. Regardless of a buyer’s credit situation, he looks at their complete financial picture and comes up with a plan to get them into a home.
Zachary is an Amazon Best-Selling Author of The New Rules of Real Estate Investing and revised edition of Real Estate On Your Terms. He has been an authority in real estate for 7 years now and has personally completed hundreds of real estate transactions and has mentored investors to complete thousands of transactions.
At the age of 25, Zachary decided to leave the world of bartending and personally training and jump into the family business. Now he is an equal partner and runs the acquisitions department, focusing on helping sellers accomplish their goal of selling their property.
If Zachary is not working, you will find enjoying the outdoors or spending time with his wife Kayla and two kids Remi and Bellamy. His passion for family and business is what keeps him motivated and excited to take on each day.